Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27 AIO R075NF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

First of all, hope you're all fine regarding the sanitary crisis!

My issue concerns the warranty of my Pavilion All In One 27 inches.

After a disk failure, I did not know which one of the two disks was concerned (SATA or SSD), I succeeded to reinstall  Windows 10 x64.

But, after checking the disks, it displayed the SSD with only 1GO while it should be 256GO, and no problem for the 1TO SATA.

ssd bl.PNG

This was time to send it to the repair office in Hungary to be fixed. Two days ago, I received it back.

But as I just unpacked the Pavilion to check whether it is fine or not, the SSD still being at 1GO capacity according to

HP assistant tool. And 2048 GO according Windows 10 management disk tool!

Before controlling that, I had to reinstall WINDOWS 10: I did find back the password of Windows  10!

On the paper from the repair center, they just mention that they did an update or reinitialization of the firmware to

fix the problem. No more information. Which component has been updated? The SSD? The BIOS? Other?

ssd hp center.PNG

So I tried to identify the characteristics of the SSD via several way (HP tools, software like crystaldiskinfo, Windows 10 tools).

Thus, please, find hereafter those following print screens:

ssd.PNG

ssd crystal.PNG

ssd gestion des disques.PNG

ssd bios.PNG

By the way, do I have to send back my HP PC to the repair center in Hungary?

Or could I fix that if it was only a question of updating a firmware? If so, which one and how to get this updating process?

Thanks for your advices!

Best regards and take care,

Eric from Paris!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ERICART,

That model is supposed to have a 256GB m.2 NVMe SSD as the main data device ()S, programs).  There is supposed to be a 1TB 3.5" hard drive (format capacity is 931GB).

Source references:

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05673015

But according to disk management Disk 0 is a 2TB device, and DISK 1 is a 1TB device.

First, unplug power from the computer. Then open the case. (side panel).

1) Look inside and write down the manufacturer information on the M.2 SSD?

2) After that, I would ask you to unplug the power from the 3.5" hard drive.  Then power the system.

After item 1 and 2, you can power down, re-attach the power cable to the 3.5" hard drive, and close the cover.

Report back your finding on both questions.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@wb2001

Thanks for your help! But....

....before doing the process as you advice, what about the warranty which ends in 4 months (october 2020)? 

Can  I open the back cover and follow your instructions? 

In case I can not fix this problem, will I be allowed to send it back to the repair center in Hungary?

Thank you

Best regards

Eric

HP Recommended

Hi @ERICART

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Please follow the steps suggested by @wb2001

I would be happy to assist you with the warranty. Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Asmita6658

Thank you for your message. Okay, I will follow the process detailed by @wb2001.

I'll come back asap to give you the results.

Best regards,

Eric from Paris!

HP Recommended

Sure @ERICART

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.