Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 24-N014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The manual was worthless on the upgrade issue, as was HP. I got one of these computers because the owner was unsatisfied with the performance. The main problem was the very slow 1TB mechanincal hard drive. I found some post online that said the M.2 slot was M.2 NVME so I took the computer apart (two screws, many turns, on the bottom edge under rubber plugs) and verified the connector.  I then purchased and installed an 500GB M.2 NVME Samsung 960 EVO into the 4 lane PCIe M.2 internal slot and had some problems getting my Acronis 2015 image onto the new drive, and the drive did need a hold down screw that I finally found in my box of screws, but still don't know the size or TPI of the screw. I finally used the Samsung Magician software to clone the drive and it worked perfectly and quickly. This is an incredible drive and works beautifully on this computer. It is extremely fast, even with only 8GB of ram. It takes 7 seconds to boot and only six minutes to make an Acronis 2015 image of the entire system (only 50GB). Acronis told me to use the PE version of the bootable media to solve the problem of restoring the image, but I have not tried that yet. The 1TB internal slow mechanical SATA drive is just sitting there disconnected, someday I will use it somewhere. Anyway, I love the system. The NVME Samsung drive is better than any SSD I have currently tried, and I've installed quite a few as upgrades. No more mechanical drives for me, or even standard SSDs. If you have problems with Acronis and imaging to a smaller drive shrink the drive before you make the image or use clone manually...you MAY have to temporarily kill the pagefile and system restore and defrag once or twice and reboot to shrink your drive, but it works. I have been using the system for several months and am very happy with it.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Insulyn

Excellent write up!  :generic:

BTW--I have eight (8) 2.5" hard drives sitting on the shelf for the same reason that you have stated. My newest PC build doesn't have any mechanical hard drives. Check out my signature information.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

@Insulyn, welcome to the forum.

Boy, did you have me fooled!  I read the title and first sentence of your write-up and thought I was going to read a complaint post.  However, as @Big_Dave said, it is very good and appreciated.  I couldn't agree more with your sentiments on SSD's.  I will never have another boot drive that isn't SSD and I am only using a standard Samsung EVO 840 500 GB SSD.  I haven't used M.2 drives at this point, but all I have read is extremely positive.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

NEED driver for the above Printer   I cannot locate Installation CD   Can you send me a link or I would be happy to buy the CD Please and Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @MikeG8239,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you have an HP 2175 All in one printer and you want the drivers or installation disc for your Windows. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,

To help you better, could you provide me with the Operating System installed on this PC? Is it for Windows or for Mac OS.

Please respond with the details for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Eagerly waiting to help you,

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks so much   I am running an older version of Windows XP Professional  32 Bit  Had it for ever

All of a sudden, I was messing around with this computer and somehow I deleted my HP Psc  2175 All In One

from my printer guide.  I cannot locate the original CD and I cannot find any support anywhere  I would be indebted

for any assistance you can provide.   MY direct e.mail is:   classglass@jps.net    My Mailing address is:

P. O. Box  543   Clayton, CA  (USA)   94517

I have another printer in there, but I only use that HP 8500A for Scanning e.mail   I would like to stay with my

HP 2175 for Hard Wired Printing, which use to be defaulted. (NO More) Hmmmm   Frustrating   I don't know

what I did to delete and create this monster

HP Recommended

Hi @MikeG8239,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I did check the product details and found that there are drivers available for your HP PSC 2175 running on Windows XP (32bit), please click on the below link to download the full feature software and driver for your PC.

Should you find any difficulty, please follow this procedure, log on to http://support.hp.com/ - On this page - Click on Get Software and drivers - Please enter the product number or the Model number of the printer - Choose the Operating System and Version and then click on Change. Now click on the download file.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.