Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I will trying to find if either of the graphics cards in the title would fit the IPM17-00 motherboard on the HP Envy 750-137cb.
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Yes. Either card will fit.  Which specific model? 2GB\4GB 

Don't forget to upgrade the PSU to 400W. That is a requirement. The EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB GAMING card requires one six-pin PCIe power connector.

For support, I recommend the EVGA over Zotac.

The EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB GAMING model is best as it is a shorter card.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@Lazxrus, welcome to the forum.

Here is a small, but powerful EVGA gaming card, that will fit nicely into your case.  You will have to upgrade the power supply unit (PSU), also.  The PSU in the computer is 300W and the card requires at least 400W to operate properly.  I actually recommend at least 600W to give you more power when needed.  I like Corsair products.  A modular model is best for small cases.  It allows you to use only the cables that are necessary and provides for better air flow.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended
It's between a 2GB EVGA or a 4GB Zotac
HP Recommended

The 

GeForce® GTX 960 Single Fan 2GB
ZT-90310-10M

Would also be a good contender.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
I have a Corsair 430w that I'm going to be using.
HP Recommended

The Corsair CX430 modular PSU is a good choice. 

HP Recommended
Would the MSI GTX960 fit the same board??
HP Recommended

Here is a GTX 960 on Newegg.  It is 10.51" in length.  Look at the "Specifications" tab.  The best way to tell if it will fit is, measure from the Back I/O plate to the front of the case.  It requires at least 400W to run properly, also.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.