Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 860-010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In frustration over not being able to download my movies in at least 1080p from any of my "Digital Libraries", I'm thinking that if I could just go on and upgrade the DVD in my Phoenix 860-010 to a Blu-Ray drive, that would facilitate me to go to a DIY type solution.

I'm just unsure about whether or not the front panel will easily fit onto the upgrade drive.. if I have to select a particular model, etc. in order to upgrade mine in this manner.

I've already upgraded my SSD and swapped the GeForce 980 for a 1060 w/6gb ram and those were Easy.. This thin disc drive though, has me befuddled at the moment.

...Help.!..?.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Myhrddin All you need is a 9.5mm Ultra Slim Tray BluRay drive, and you swap out the existing DVD drive with the new one if you need steps or DIY instructions: Click here & visit Page. 11

You may purchase it at any local online store such as eBay, Amazon, etc.

(As an upgrade/custom enthusiast I personally love the idea of upgrading the device as well, However, HP recommends that you go easy on it as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed above are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Myhrddin All you need is a 9.5mm Ultra Slim Tray BluRay drive, and you swap out the existing DVD drive with the new one if you need steps or DIY instructions: Click here & visit Page. 11

You may purchase it at any local online store such as eBay, Amazon, etc.

(As an upgrade/custom enthusiast I personally love the idea of upgrading the device as well, However, HP recommends that you go easy on it as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed above are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the info.!!  Now, I'm anxious to get back home so I can do a little upgrading.

In spite of a number of issues I've seen mentioned about this model, I have had very good experiences with being able to keep mine going and upgrade it as I've needed to along the way.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.!

HP Recommended

@Myhrddin

You are welcome. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.