Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 875-0012na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Current specs:

OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0012na

Product: 5MK32EA

i7-8700 CPU

RTX2070 GPU (currently)

Motherboard: Edoras Micro ATX Chipset H370 with PCIe x 16 socket for GPU

PSU 500W (currently – I expect I would need a 650W for the RTX3080)

Am interested in GPU upgrade for VR purposes, to RTX3080.  The CPU and RAM work just fine with sim games and VR but the current GPU is running at 100% on medium graphics settings.  Will my current system accept the new card and a bigger PSU?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mark0011 

You need to specify the exact RTX card.  Cards  come in different lengths.  Typical RTX 2070 is 9", typical RTX 3080 is 11.5"

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Many thanks.  According to my build spec from HP the card is as follows:-

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 FH (8 GB)

• Form Factor: ATX (Full height) PCB and bracket, dual slot
  • Dimensions: 11.2 cm x 17.3 cm (4.4 x 10.4 in)

Another 0.9in in length wouldnt appear to be a problem, as long as still PCIex16 connection and as long as the distance from the end of the PCI slot to the back panel is the same. Ventilation could be a problem though (??).  My RTX2070 is running at 85degC+ at full load with the current case/fans

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.