Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1226s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion p7-1226s desktop computer.  I am trying to install Virtual PC and XP Mode on the computer.  I was runing Windows 7 Home version.  When I tried to install the Virtual PC, I got an error "will bit work with Windows 7 home, need 7 Pro"  I upgraded to 7 Pro and now I get an message "the update is not applicable to your computer". What does this mean and where do I go from here?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Most of what I could find on  Windows 7 and virtual WinXP is fairly old.  It might not be possible anymore as Windows has moved on.  I had done what you are asking several years ago and Microsoft had to give permission thru the interface for the WinXP to be downloaded into the virtual environment.  It might be possible with VMWare but you would need a WinXP install media  of some sort to get it into the virtual environment.

BTW: the implimantation needs the hosting PC to turn on "virtualization"

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.