Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Slim Desktop S01-pF1001nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This screen comes up every hour. I tried already all kind of things (except removing HP support Assistant, but it keeps on coming. It's very annoying ! How can I get rid of it?

Best regards

Herman

update.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Steatoda 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who include phone numbers or email addresses in public posts.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

Appears to be a message from HP Support Assistant.

HPSA - newer format version (9.6.x and beyond)

Open HP Support Assistant

If you have not done so, sign in using your HP Account credentials

Click the Settings wheel

UNCHECK (or leave) the two main notifications

Click More settings

UNCHECK all the boxes except the last one (and this one, too, if you want to do so)

Look around - set / check other options.

Close HPSA

Restart the computer and log in

What else?

Make Windows behave itself.

Settings > System > Notifications & actions

Switch notifications to OFF

Although a bit extreme, shutting off notifications does significantly reduce the "noise".

You can also try choosing the options (instead of shutting off everything).

Personally, I leave notifications OFF - If I want to know something, I check it.

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Slim Desktop - S01-pF1001nd 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for answering my question.

Both things I did already before, see pictures

HP1.JPGHP2.JPG

HP Recommended

@Steatoda 

You are welcome.

The only place I've found the types of controls I described are in Application Settings > More Settings  sub-menu.

If I find anything else, I'll post back.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hello
Some time ago a user mentioned the same problem.
I asked to check if it was not the windows updates, because it was not very specific, and just in case ..
Then after having checked the parameters of hp support assistant, which obviously did not change anything, I indicated precisely to try to uninstall the software, then to reinstall it, to check if that could correct the problem.
Unfortunately, this solution, was not the best, what is the point of uninstalling software, on a new computer, and guaranteed!
So I can not say if it may help eventually, from memory I have never seen other options to change the settings ..
the user having dropped, I did not bother to test ..
Maybe if no other choice, you can at least try to uninstall the software and then reinstall it!
If nothing can be done, at least we could try to get back the information of this bug

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I think I've solved the problem now.

With Windows Task Schedular (see pictures) I saw that HP Support Manager was configured for Windows NT and not Windows 10. After changing this a few hours ago, the message didn't appear anymore.

Many thanks for all the help !

Herman

HP_windows.JPG

HP Recommended

Just wondering, did you have any issues after that? I was redirected here and tried your solution, but so far it's still a problem.

Strangely, the only HP Support Assistant tasks that appear on my Task Scheduler are Warranty Checks... I tried both HP folders! I can tried changing the compatibility mode from Task Manager but the latest version of Windows I can change it to is Windows 8... Here's a link to my post.

SettingsSettingsTask schedulerTask schedulerPropertiesProperties

HP Recommended

For me it helped, I didn't see the screen again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.