Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently got my hands on a EVGA 750Ti and in order to have it work with my current computer, I have to either flash my bios and change some settings, or get a new motherboard completely. I don't want to spend money on a new motherboard so I decided to try and flash my bios. However I am faced by complications:

1. HP does not have any BIOS update for my system running windows 10
  2. I am no longer under warranty by HP
  3. I think my HP partitions are messed up since I fiddled around with them ages ago when I installed my SSD
  4. The AMI website has no documentation on my current BIOS version (AMI 7.07). Their firmware update tool also does not recognize my BIOS

Specs + Information: (I can supply with more information if needed)

BIOS Version: AMI 7.07

Model:  HP Pavilion HPE h9-1150 Phoenix Desktop PC

Any help would be appreciated.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please post the HP product number for your PC. How to Find the HP Model Number and the HP Product Number or let HP automatically find your PC model number and HP network attached printers. This will allow others to review your issue, make suggestions and review your responses. This is usually the best way to get assistance.

The NVIDIA 7xx series with some exceptions will not work on most HP PCs that only have a version 7 legacy BIOS.  The NVIDIA 9xx series has the same restrictions.

You will need to locate a legacy graphics card such as the NVIDIA 4xx, 5xx and 6xx series. Be sure to match up the graphics card with the required power supply.  Look for a used NVIDIA 660.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

My model number is the 

HP Pavilion HPE h9-1150 Phoenix Desktop PC

HP Recommended

I really don't want to buy a new card since I already have this 750Ti. I guess I could get a new motherboard as a last resort, but is there an AMI BIOS update available anywhere? I can't find an update for specifically version 7 on AMI's website. I know that flashing the non-HP bios update will ruin the HP recovery partition and all that, but I'm willing to take that compromise in exchange for a working 750 Ti.

HP Recommended

@SQL-Injector

We need the product number as there are multiple models in the series with different motherboards.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

My bad, the product number is QW790AA#ABA

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.