Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion elite hpe-440f

Can I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on HP Pavilion Elite HPE-440f with  Motherboard MS-7613 Iona GL8E?  Is so what are recommended hardware upgrades?  Memory upgraded to 16 MB.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings VHO,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC is circa 2010. HP does not provide Windows 10 driver support for your PC. This means you may have to rely on Microsoft.

You can try the Windows 10 update. No one can guarantee it will be successful.

Possible hardware/driver problems you may see would occur with PCIe components such as the TV tuner or add in PCIe Mini card (WIFI), or integrated networking hardware.

I would get a different HDD or SSD. Clone the operating system disk to the new storage device.

Test the new disk to verify you can start Windows.

Now use either the original disk or the new disk to do an in place update to Windows 10.

You may get a free update to Windows 10 (W10). Microsoft has been doing this. I have not done one since May 2019.

The new W10 installation may activate when you finish and are connected to the network.

Give W10 a test drive to see if it works. You still have the W7 disk to go back to if W10 has problems.

Regards 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.