Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (102 Views)

Windows detected a Hard Disk Problem - Ran the hard disk SMART check and failed- have failure id...

Product Name: All-in-One ENVY 20 TouchSmart
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HP All-in-One ENVY 20 TouchSmart PC  HP 20-d034

FAILURE ID : 60FQG2-008GM-MFPP0K-60HR03

PRODDUCT ID : H3Z72AA#ABA

I moved up to windows 10 with the free upgrade.  I received the failure message from Windows and ended up resetting my computer to its original state which was windows 8.  It is now 8.1 and the hard disk problem still pops up.

I don't have alot of experience replacing hardware in computers.  Is this an issue I can resolve myself?  Please advise.

0 Kudos
Dean
Message 2 of 2 (75 Views)

Re: Windows detected a Hard Disk Problem - Ran the hard disk SMART check and failed- have failure id

If it is a harddisk problem, then reloading Windows, as was done, will not solve the problem.  There is a diagnostic for testing hardware that can be accessed by pressing and holding Esc immediately after starting the PC.  If that harddrive diagnostic comes back with a failure, then the harddrive will need replaced.

I do not see how the Windows 8 was reloaded but if you used the Recovery Manager, then it must be working to some degree in order to move up to Windows 8.1.

Please explain this better.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation