Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-404nd
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi I have 2 questions.

My friend is going to upgrade his gpu to a gtx 1650 super and will need a new powersupply to meet the power requierments. Can we just buy any off the shelve atx powersupply for him? Will it fit in the case or do the screw holes line up properly. 

Also when my friend tried to upgrade his hp pavilion desktop to windows 10 from 8.1 recently he couldn't get past the login screen. After he filled in his information to login he gets a black screen and after a minute the screen displays a message that "your pc will restart after one minute". When going into safe mode it works fine. Does this have to do with the firmware on the hardware or the software. We also downloaded the most recent version of radeon relive drivers for the r7 240 that is currently in his system. The latest drivers for windows 8.1 were in 2017. Does this mean that was the issue. Also he once upgraded it to windows 10. 4 years ago with no issue. He reverted because he found it slow back then. Is the only fix to this problem to do a fresh windows 10 install or will this also break the system. 

Already thanks

-Hasan

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@hasan22

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Most Power Supplies will fit into the chassis without issues

Reinstalling Windows 10  should fit the issue since the computer as working with Window 8.1 earlier without problems

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.