Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy (34-inch Curved All-in-One)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all - I have an HP Envy 34-inch (curved display) desktop computer which has a wireless charger (for mobile devices) built into the base.  I am unable to wirelessly charge my iPhone XS on it however (even though I believe both the charger and the iPhone XS are Qi compatible.  Does anyone have any advice as to how to enable/determine if the wireless charger on my Envy base is working?  (I've also tried charging my Airpods, and those do not charge either.)  Appreciate any insights/feedback that folks have.  Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@ChicagoUser1 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing Wireless Charging on HP Envy (34-inch Curved All-in-One) issue.

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05382476

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you Praveen.  I have indeed referred to that link you shared previously, yet the problem still exists.  According to the BIOS settings, wireless charging is available/activated, however when I place my iPhone on the wireless charging area of the base, absolutely nothing happens at all.  My iPhone is Qi compatible, so this is quite frustrating.  Looking for any additional solutions/recommendations from you/others that have had this same issue.  Thanks..

HP Recommended

@ChicagoUser1

Thank you for the update.

Have you tried with a different iPhone?

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thank you very much Praveen.  I have indeed performed each of the below recommendations (tried a different iPhone (did not work), ensured Windows is fully updated (it is), and ensured there are no outstanding HP updates via the HP Support Assistant (there are not), yet still no luck using the wireless charger unfortunately.  I've seen other posts from users that also have difficulty using the wireless charger included with their HP computer.  Do you or your team have additional suggestions as to why the charger would not be working on my computer?  This is clearly disappointing, so would appreciate any feedback/additional recommendations your team can provide.  Thank you! 

HP Recommended

@ChicagoUser1,
You must use the charging cable from iPhone. A standard USB cable will not work.

It is called a " lightning to USB cable".

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks @Wb2001, however I am trying to use the WIRELESS charger on the base of the HP computer.  No cables should be required.

HP Recommended

@ChicagoUser1,

OK, how about a refresher course on how to use the charger in Wi-Fi.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05382476

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi @Wb2001 - I have actually already reviewed that link ( as @Praveen196 already suggested that as you can see in the above thread.).  I performed all of the recommended actions referenced in that link (updated my BIOS, etc.), yet still no luck unfortunately.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.