Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
15 8 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Z620 - Install a laptop CDROM into the 5.25" Bay - options?

HP Recommended
Z620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm looking for a few compatible options to be able to install a laptop CDROM drive into the 5.25"bay of Z620.

Any suggestions / advice is appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 11
3,470 3,460 299 710
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

post in the workstation forum and one of the users there "SDH" can most likely help you

in my z800 i use a 5.25 to 3.5 card reader/laptop DVD burner it's a dell item which was used in several dell systems but fits in any system it's part number is  NR95F

https://www.ebay.com/p/1055120024

Highlighted
Author
Level 2
15 8 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not sure if it will work in Z620.  considering the cables/connectors etc. or would it need an adapter..

For some reason, my post in the "Workstation" forum got locked

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
3,470 3,460 299 710
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

in terms of size requirements it will fit without any issues as it's the same size as any other 5.25 tray

the usb card reader uses a standard usb 2.0 9 pin header (which the z620 has) and the laptop 7mm optical drive is a universal size so pick your make/model they make them with std sized (rare) sata connections, and the more common mini sata which is also a common adapter you can buy off newegg/amazon/ebay

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
15 8 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok this kit worked perfectly.    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756MZTPG

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation