Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just got my third Z620 in the last few months.  Out of the box the PS/2 keyboard and mouse didn't work in Windows 10 Pro so I used USB K&M.  Updated the same as the first two from other vendors including the BIOS to 3.96.  With PS/2 can get into BIOS at boot but nothing after Windows starts.  Totally different than the first two Z620s.  At Windows boot screen no lock for caps, num or scroll.  No mouse pointer.

Thoughts? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Supplemental note:  I had changed the i8042prt start registry key to 1 but that had no effect on the problem.  Changed it back to the original value of 3.

HP Recommended

Never heard of this before though I did see plenty of hits on google regarding problems with Windows 10 and ps/2 devices. Just a shot in the dark, but check that legacy support is selected in the BIOS.

legacy support.JPG

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.