Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z620 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I put EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC ULTRA  video card in my Z620?  I have dual Xeon E-2667 CPUs.  I have the power and the room for it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Rblj,

You're very welcome.

You can check the BIOS mode by entering "msinfo32" in Windows Search.

The resulting System Information Summary screen will list either UEFI BIOS or Legacy BIOS.

The 2018 BIOS update per previous response may give the UEFI BIOS mode needed to run the 2080. The 2080 may not initialize if you have a Legacy BIOS.

I see HP Vision Diagnostics listed as a download option for your PC within Windows 8.1. Vision Diagnostics runs on Legacy BIOS PCs. HP Diagnostics UEFI is included on UEFI BIOS systems.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

It looks like your motherboard may not support a UEFI BIOS.

There is a 2018 BIOS update (Link) for your product but I don't see any references to EFI.

No UEFI BIOS means a 2080 may not initialize when installed in your PC.

The 2018 BIOS update for your product may provide UEFI support. I don't see this when reviewing the update.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I'm ignorant with hardware do place forgive me if this is a silly question.  I have an option, in my Startup Menu, to run an EUFI app,   Does that mean anything with regard to EUFI bios?

Regards

rblj

HP Recommended

Hi Rblj,

You're very welcome.

You can check the BIOS mode by entering "msinfo32" in Windows Search.

The resulting System Information Summary screen will list either UEFI BIOS or Legacy BIOS.

The 2018 BIOS update per previous response may give the UEFI BIOS mode needed to run the 2080. The 2080 may not initialize if you have a Legacy BIOS.

I see HP Vision Diagnostics listed as a download option for your PC within Windows 8.1. Vision Diagnostics runs on Legacy BIOS PCs. HP Diagnostics UEFI is included on UEFI BIOS systems.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.