Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone

i have a wierd issue with my dual cpu z840...

cpu: 2 xeon 2699 vt

ram: 32 gig 2133 ecc

gpu: rtx a4500

power: 1125w

when i instal 2x16gig ram on it ( slot 1&2) every thing is ok ! But when i instal third 16gig ram on slot 3 , system do not boot ! No bios! Just a black screen with no errors ! Its so wierd... please help...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Vohuman , welcome to the Community.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the computer.  On Page 20, Chapter 1, Hardware overview, it tells all of the pertinent information for the memory.  Read it carefully to assure you have purchased the correct memory and are populating the slots properly.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

every thing is ok ! but still black screen....

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Vohuman!

Since the memory is correct, I wonder if it would make a difference if you installed a pair of 16 GB modules, instead of one module.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.