cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

a10 9700 radeon r7dedicated graphic card

HP Recommended
pavilion 590
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Hope someone can help me here. The question has probably been asked before but I couldn't find a exact answer. I'm no computer expert, not even close.

I purchased ah HP pavilion A10 9700 with radeon R7 gpu integrated and the sunflower mb. I would like to boost the performance graphic wise. Which pci graphic card would be compatible with this desktop. I was looking at something like GTX 1050ti. Any suggestions is welcome and thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 7
319 315 30 54
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any PCIex x16 card will work...specially the ones that dont need supplentary power!

First you better check on your PSU (Power supply) to see if it can sustain a strong discreete gpu card...and also if you have extra connectors needed to power the card! I am assuming you have the same powersupply as I do...as we are both on Pavilion 590 series..your complete model information will help me advice you better!

On my computer my powersupply which is only 310W can sustain a GTX 1060.

Hope this helps!

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I only have a 180watts power supply with no extra plugs (6 pins) for powering a gpu. From what I read and watched the gtx 1050ti is supposed to work with a low power supply since it doesn't need extra power cable plugged into it. Unfortunatly I don't have more details for my computer other than AMD A10-9700, integrated Radeon R7, 8gb ram, 2To hard drive since I'm at work now. I would like to just plug and play a new gpu if it's possible. I don't want a monster gaming computer. Just something with more graphic power.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation