Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

dvd does not show upinthe deivices, it is in the BIOS as dvd A DH16aBLH..chked the registry for upper and lower values...none. cheked HP for updates or a fix...noneI even tried reinstallingb the win 7 driversfor the dvd package (what was I thinking!)....nothing  HELP

Scott (or Mr. P brother)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

found a solution of the problem with missing DVD.

In Device Manager I selected View->Show Hidden Devices. DVD was shown and I uninstalled it.

After reboot the DVD was not detected, so I uninstalled all IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers:

ATA Channel 0,

ATA Channel 1,

Intel (R).... Serial ATA Storage Controller)

and after reboot the DVD was recognized and installed.

I hope this can help you with the detection of DVD of Windows 10.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @MrPbrother

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that the Optical Disc Drive is not listed after upgrading to Windows 10, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you checked for hidden devices in device manager?

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer. 

Recommend you make sure all the Windows updates are installed. 

Run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. Click here for assistance. 

Once all the drivers are updated from HPSA if the issue persists, run the troubleshooter from the control panel. 

1. Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
  2. Type control in the Run dialog box, then press Enter.
  3. In the Search box in Control Panel, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
  4. Under the Hardware and Sound item, click Configure a device. If you are prompted to enter an administrator password or provide confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

If the issue persists, refer to this Microsoft Forum post for other troubleshooting steps. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

p6750f,,,thank you for your help . I went through your process verbatum. The last thing was a pop up stating there was updates, to be installed, and that we have updates set to "not install) but the program fixed that....then it was to restart.

that it did and nothing. I went through the process again (meaning,I ran config device trblshter)...this time it said it couldn't find anyproblems. I got excited there for a minute! What next...you suggested

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps, please try the steps suggested in this HP article and let me know how it goes. Good luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

found a solution of the problem with missing DVD.

In Device Manager I selected View->Show Hidden Devices. DVD was shown and I uninstalled it.

After reboot the DVD was not detected, so I uninstalled all IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers:

ATA Channel 0,

ATA Channel 1,

Intel (R).... Serial ATA Storage Controller)

and after reboot the DVD was recognized and installed.

I hope this can help you with the detection of DVD of Windows 10.

HP Recommended

the solution is posted under Has...the dvd name...i am just coping it here for you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.