Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion 5QQ08EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Very disappointed with HP and my brand new purchase of pavilion 5QQ08EA.

Drive C: has been configured to 118gb so will be full in no time at all, can't remember what software I need to move the mass of free space from the 😧 drive over to the C:

Also, my last system would not recognise a 3TB hdd except thru a PCI card, will this system recognise a 3TB hdd if I swapped the installed 1TB as there are no PCI slots to install the card.

Thanks in advance for any help/support

HP Pavilion 590-p0053na AMD Ryzen 5 Desktop PC - 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD
Type Desktop PC
Operating system Windows 10 (64-bit)
Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Processor - Quad-core - 3.6 GHz / 3.8 GHz - 4 MB cache
RAM -8 GB DDR4
Storage - 128 GB SSD(boot drive) - 1 TB HDD (7200 rpm)(data drive)
Video connections - VGA x 1 (connected to 19" I-INC AH191D) - HDMI 1.4 x 1 (connected to 42" Panasonic TH-42PX80B
-DVD/RW - HP Pavilion 590-p0053na AMD Ryzen 5 Desktop PC
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@andi13,

The unit is supposed to have a 1TB data drive. You assign your data folders to that drive.  The 1TB can be swapped out for the 3TB, as long as it's a data drive. (Non-OS).

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info @Wb2001 , I do see your response as a potential solution but not an ideal solution, I am becoming more forgetful as I age and I don't think I would be able to remember to change the target drive every time I install a bit of software (and I was going to load a lot of software). I guess in an ideal world I would be able to use my 3TB as the boot drive, but we are too many years away from having an ideal world

HP Pavilion 590-p0053na AMD Ryzen 5 Desktop PC - 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD
Type Desktop PC
Operating system Windows 10 (64-bit)
Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Processor - Quad-core - 3.6 GHz / 3.8 GHz - 4 MB cache
RAM -8 GB DDR4
Storage - 128 GB SSD(boot drive) - 1 TB HDD (7200 rpm)(data drive)
Video connections - VGA x 1 (connected to 19" I-INC AH191D) - HDMI 1.4 x 1 (connected to 42" Panasonic TH-42PX80B
-DVD/RW - HP Pavilion 590-p0053na AMD Ryzen 5 Desktop PC
HP Recommended

@andi13 

Those changes are permanent, until re-assigned. While APPS can be sent to the 3TB data drive, you lose the load speed of an M.2 NMVe SSD.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.