Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp compaq 8300 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

yeah i have a 710 (2..short slot 710)   and a 1030   ive been looking at1050 tis and 1650s but i ordered a hp amd raedon rx550x because it cost more and had even higher specs than the 1050 or 1650     oh and because it had a single backplate even a 1050 ti with a double backplate and stuff like would it fit because i see 1 backplate i know but....  anyway the rx550x was same slot as the 1030 or 710 so i returned it 

what goes in the big slot it kinda looks the same but its backwards the small part and big part of the slots are reversed for the big one and the other 2 are the same as each other but they are pcie16x i guess as it says pcie16x on the motherboard next to them i looked and looked nothing for it untill i saw that pci reg is about it so idk i have 2 small pcie16s and a pci...1j20  is what it says where the other 2 are pcie16x

what goes in the big backwards than pcie16x slot     when i look pci vid cards they kinda look like they would fit but they are ddr2 or so and 8 or 64 mb when i have 2 1 and 2gb ddr3s and a ddr5 and they work good (ok)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bigbabybobkiten , welcome to the forum.

Here is the Illustrated Parts and Service Map for the computer:  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03612803

If you scroll down toward the bottom of the page you will find a motherboard diagram with labels and descriptions of the parts of the motherboard.  The PCIe X16 slot is for a video card.  The PCI and PCIe X1 slots are for other cards, such as, a sound card.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

yeah thanks its the pci1 i have left do you know annything i could put in it cause i have a 1030 and  a  710    oh they work fine idk if a rage xl 16mb would fix gothic 2 game but i wanna card for it of a big one thatd be nice but

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @bigbabybobkiten!

The limiting factor of your computer is the 320W power supply unit (PSU).  Most all of the newer cards require a minimum of 350W to 400W to operate properly.  A PCI video card will not be as powerful as a PCI Express X16.  Here are some PCI video cards on Newegg:  https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100007709+600007853&nm_mc=AFC-RAN-COM&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-COM&utm_medium=af...

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.