Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
  • Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit) with Vista Service Pack 1
  • there is zero support for 430 , AMD tells you that clearly (that chip runs the DVD drive port is this clear ?)
  • that chip runs the DVD drive, see?
  • clean the lint out of any 12 year old DVD drive first, and make sure that relic PATA cable is connected and the 4  pin molex next.there is no w10 support here, some  things work but NOT ALL THINGS./

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

proof of zero support 430 chipset.

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/82701/en

HP Recommended

I am accepting the fact that the CD player on my HP s3700y does not work with windows 10 whether it be HP, Microsoft, AMD , Nero, VLD ,or whatever what I can't understand is why at first after getting window 10 installed the cd/dvd player played CDs and DVDs on my computer for about 6 months and then decided not to play anything anymore I have received some excellent suggestions and tried them all without any success so i decided to buy an external player and it is working fine So I'm chalking it up for one of lifes mysteries I may neve learn the answer to and that's ok. My thank you to all who contributed cudos to all. Stay safe Merry Xmas and a happy new year, Rich Caccamo 

HP Recommended

If the external player is working, then it is possible the internal DVD?CD player has failed.  That does happen.  Old hardware from 2008 cannot be expected to last forever.  12 years is pretty old for computer.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

6 months later w10 fails,  w10 updates caused that or.... they dropped all 430 support as EXPECTED, how can MS support 430 with zero AMD support, they CAN NOT, so might have deleted that driver.

if you upgraded  from w7 to (using Upgrade methods not FRESH LOAD WAY)

the upgrades are very very tricky to the point of MS taking over the old  w7 or older driver and using it then

then later the MS update killed it. ( this is why they say load w10 fresh)

MS in fact has  whole page dedicated to this topic, why MS cannot force AMD make driver for  nforce chips. or the like.

The go on to say, those driver old are being RETIRED,  (understand the depths of those words) 12 years dead.

nForce is 90% dead and soon to be 100% as AMD warns....

OR !

internal DVD drives fail all the time. no hardware lasts forever

and even blowing out all the dust  in inside fixes it .

or of kids put hands on the lens inside oops that kills it too as do labels falling off the CD tops.

seen vast bad drive me for 20 + years, back to the first once ever made, in fact.  back to Blaster media kits and CD +  sound card days.. 

but DUST IS #1 if it covers the optics inside , that  will not work. clean it. we blow ours out every year.

buy CAN-O-AIR and blow it out.

make sure Device manager sees the DVD, DRIVE or the driver is bad. be internet connected to click update there.

the only reason we told OS issues is simple, nobody knows the history of any PC, ever,  xp to w10. upgrades HAPPEN.

nor how it got there, ( using what media and what methods top put it there)

and some CD or DVD are not supported from long ago to now!,  that is a fact and worse on old USB devices.

if the DRIVE fails with no OS changes, then the drive needs a  dust out first.  first things first.

and  missing drivers in device manager too,  or w10 did update and killed the DVD driver is always  possible.

I keep spare DVD drives in the kit. so have choices here, or get one at Goodwill cheap, used. for $5

You can also take that DVD drive to a 2nd PC and test it, to prove all this. (even going to attic and bringing down old PC retired to test it. ) have may in mine back to 2005, a cache, there, to do just that if need be.

if you scan the dvd drive with HWinfo32.exe (free) and it is missing that means 3 things.

1: no driver now.

2: drive it itself is bad.

3; the cables too it fell off or are BAD.

HP Recommended

there is zero support for 430 , AMD tells you that clearly (that chip runs the DVD drive port is this clear ?)

t

no DVD model told at all,  PATA drive ? if yes most are dead not, PATA drives are all dead now.  (age)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.