Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq presario SR1922IL
FreeDOS

I want to replace keyboard and desktop of my pc. I need a guidance regarding cost to get my pc in workable condition.. is there is any changes i need to do in my CPU? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Since the Compaq Presario SR1931IL was brought to market fourteen years ago, all of the upgrades, except for the keyboard, will come from the second hand market.

Keyboard: any USB keyboard.

Desktop? I have no idea as to what you mean. Your  Compaq Presario SR1922IL PC is the desktop.  If you meant to say monitor or display, then any VGA display will work. Your PC has only analog VGA output for video, so HDMI displays will not be compatible. 

Best price will be dependent on your own skill in bartering. 

Motherboard: Asterope-GL8E

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00590356

CPU

• Socket: 775
  • Supports the following processors:
    • Pentium D 900 series Dual Core (Presler)
    • Pentium D 820 (Smithfield, 90nm)
    • Pentium 4 631, 641, 651, 661 (Cedar Mill, 65nm)
    • Pentium 4 630, 640, 650 (Prescott, 90nm)
    • Pentium 4 520J/521, 530J/531, 540J/541, 550J/551 (Prescott, 90nm)
    • Celeron D 352, 356 (Cedar Mill, 65nm)
    • Celeron D 325J/326, 330J/331, 335J/336, 340J/341, 345J/346, 351, 355 (Prescott, 90nm)

The socket 775  D900 Pentium is about the only upgrade

Graphics: low power (less than 4GB) non-EFI PCIE x16 video cards.  Non-EFI cards are the only ones that will work. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

wow 14 years old

any uSB keyboard works non wireless , OMG FREE DOS. (have it here as hyper_V image , fun)

even walmart does, on bottom shelf even $8 sold on stores vast.

never seen any USB keyboard fail short of coffee spills or elephant tracks on it.

even bundles of them sold used at GOODWILL(tm) work , on any PC , (not taking mac ok)

buy one plug it in,

what's to ask?  do it be brave be happy,!

then ask for next fix, RTC coin cell is dead, then HDD.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.