Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavillion p6813w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hello i am looking to upgrade both the processor and the cooling fan in my system.  the site says the amd phenom II x6 1090t processor will work for my system. the problem i am having is the site is mum on what cooling fans are compatible.     i would hate to spend so much on a new cpu and not be able to properly cool the thing. can anyone give me some idea as to where i can look to see what will work? the mother board i have is

N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@meltz , welcome to the forum.

Noctua makes very good coolers for AMD processors.  I suggest that you contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best cooler for your case.  They are the experts on their products.  It is difficult to know what will fit when we don't know the measurement of the space from the processor to the side panel of the case.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Unless HP's posted a New List, the info reads AMD Phenom II 6x 10**Series. (Or something close to that anyway.) Thuban 

Prior to the CPU Compatibility "List" it states Max Power Wattage is 95w. 

The Power of the 1090T 6x is 125w. I don't think it will work.

The 1055T is 95w & should work. 

I ran into the same problem, but I had already bought the CPU for a different computer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.