Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@The_Fosette 

Hi I was away on  a trip so there was a slight delay in my reply. 

As you probably know, my machine comes preconfigured with a windows 10 home edition and therefore gpedit is not on my machine... 

please help me resolve the original issue of windows 10 hello not working on my machine 

thanks

HP Recommended

@asaweli,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you perform a reset on the computer to restore the computer back to factory settings.

Follow the steps in the below artilce to perform reset on the computer.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/HP-15-f300-Notebook-PC-series/8499333/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello back again. 

this problem is getting so immensely frustrating. This has taken me weeks and hours and the last extreme solution offered also did not solve anything I am back to square 1.. after resetting the computer to factory settings as you advised. which means losing all the apps installed which will take hours to reinstall....

i get the same message when I start configuring windows hello

"sorry something went wrong

couldnt turn on camera... make sure its working properly"

I tried multiple times ... 2 times it did a little bit more... namely it showed the camera but just a still freeze of whatever image it captured first as if it froze and then all you can click is cancel.. I am no longer sure this is a driver issue.. I feel I have a broken camera. 

I logged this issue and forum post way before my warranty expired but now it has and I feel I am stuck with a broken expensive device... For me it is key that this wil work. please please please!!! really help me ..... send me a certified HP techinican... send me someone who will solve this for me.. but please HELP ME really resolve this.

thanks

HP Recommended

@asaweli

Thanks for responding,

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out,

I'm the Flower_Bud & I'm at your service.

I'm sending out a Private message,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you get a solution to this? I'm currently facing this issue but seen through your messages that the tech support didn't help.

Thanks,

Sam

HP Recommended

No unfortunately not and have given up.. which is a bloody shame.. just not using windows hello on my expensive computer. I need more people like you to chime in so we can make a collective cry for help on this one 🙂

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you!  Didn't need to use the last step of removing and re-enabling the Hello sign-in.  Upon rebooting, the camera worked again, straight away, and signed me in.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.