Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion 690-0029
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can some one provide an instruction on how to replace the 2TB regular HD with an ssd?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Gardener28 , welcome to the forum.

If you are planning to use the new SSD for storage, it is very easy to install.  I like Samsung SSD's.  The one in the link is 1 TB.  You can check the price of the 2 TB in the same link.

Here is the Upgrading and Servicing Guide for the computer.  On Pages 12 to 14 it has instructions for replacing the hard drive.  You will follow these instructions with one addition.  I believe that you will need an adapter for the the 2.5" SSD to fit into the drive bay.  I use the adapter in the link that I provided.  It is inexpensive and just works.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Gardener28 , welcome to the forum.

If you are planning to use the new SSD for storage, it is very easy to install.  I like Samsung SSD's.  The one in the link is 1 TB.  You can check the price of the 2 TB in the same link.

Here is the Upgrading and Servicing Guide for the computer.  On Pages 12 to 14 it has instructions for replacing the hard drive.  You will follow these instructions with one addition.  I believe that you will need an adapter for the the 2.5" SSD to fit into the drive bay.  I use the adapter in the link that I provided.  It is inexpensive and just works.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.