Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
p6-2113er
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, there is an HP Pavilion p6-2113er Desktop PC. I want to replace the video card in the pci e slot. I bought a new video card RX 480 4gb. I checked that it is working by running on another computer. When installing the RX 480 graphics card in an HP computer, a black screen. Fans spin but there is no way to enter the BIOS. The power supply costs 750 w, additional power is connected to the video card. Black screen even if the monitor is connected to an integrated intel graphics card of an HP computer. The PCI E slot and the power supply are working, if you connect another hd4890 graphics card, then the computer is working. The BIOS updated from the HP website to version 7.16. Please help. thank

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@necrovask 

Please check BIOS of your machine, it may NOT support newer video card.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.