Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
5CP46PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MY CD/DVD DRIVER NOT EJECTING.I DID ALL POSSIBLE EFFORTS.PLZ HELP

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@rishabhrjwt

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Manually opening a tray-load drive to retrieve a disc

Almost all tray-load drives have an external release button and a small hole in the door to access the manual lock release. To open a tray-load drive, do the following:

1. Shut down the computer. Click Start , click Power, and select Shut down.

Figure : Shutting down the computer

Shutting down the computer

The computer fully shuts down.

2. Look for the small hole on the faceplate of the drive. This is the manual release hole. The location of the manual release hole will vary.

NOTE: On some models, the release hole and the drive activity LED look similar and are approximately the same size. Do not force the paper clip into the hole if it does not go in. Make sure that the hole is not actually the LED.
  3. Straighten a paper clip to use in this step.
  4. Press in gently on the paper clip until the tray is released.
  5. Releasing the lock will allow the tray to open a small distance.
  6. Remove the paper clip and gently pull out the drawer until the disc is accessible.
  7. Remove the disc from the tray.
  8. Inserting paper clip
  9. Opening the tray
  10. Removing the disc

Examine the disc, the tray guide rails, and the spindle for signs of physical damage.

If the drive fails to open or close properly, you can order a replacement drive from HP. See Ordering HP Certified Replacement Parts for a replacement.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.