Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G6 mini

Hi all

I have a Elitedesk 800  G6 mini and I want to install a second M.2, Current config is  1x M.2 ssd  + 1x  2.5 HDD and I want do add a 3rd drive ( 2nd M.2 sdd )

However when I am installing the extra m.2 ssd  I am loosing all the drives.

Could anyone help with this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@DimiM 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06707841#AbT5

Where do you put the second extra m.2 ssd ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi  Banhiem

In the second m.2 ssd slot in the motherboard.

Many thanks

HP Recommended

@DimiM 

I can't file the second M.2 slot for storage. The specs says it ONLY has one M.2 slot for storage and it already has "Current config is 1x M.2 ssd + 1x 2.5 HDD" therefore the third drive on M.2 slot is invalid.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhiem

Thank you for your message,

It has a second M.2 slot indeed! Quite strange that it's not in the specs!

Screenshot_20220625-095730_DuckDuckGo.jpg

 Anyway I swapped the m.2 ssd with a Nvme and it worked! Have an extra datastore now in Esxi!😉

It seems it Supports only Nvme.! Spend a day to figure out though... !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.