Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Fans spin up and make noise constantly. How to access fans for dust removal

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CCharek

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Listen for and locate the noisy fan inside the computer, and then take note of its location.

CAUTION: You can use a flashlight to help you locate each fan, but do not put the flashlight inside the computer.
  1. With the computer on, listen for the noisy fan, and then use the following diagrams to determine its location.

Example of an HP desktop computer (left) and an HP slimline computer (right)

1. Power supply fan

2. Graphics card fan

3. Processor fan

4. Power supply fan vent

5. Case fan vent

6. Case fan

2. Turn off the computer, and then unplug the power cord.

3. Secure the side panel back onto the computer, and then continue to the next step from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01857696#:~:text=When%20a%20computer%20fan%20spins,then%20tro... HP Desktop PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly (Windows)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.