Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 24-g061a all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

is hard drive upgradle on my hp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@elchami , welcome to the Community.

@elchami wrote:

Yes!  You can upgrade the hard drive.  However, I suggest that you consider upgrading to a Solid-State Drive (SSD).  Here is an example of what you will need.  This will increase the system performance considerably.  It will mean that you have to remove the current Hard Drive Disk (HDD).  This can be used as storage or as an emergency drive if you have future problems because it will still have the OS installed.  The upgrade will require you to have a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter.  I have the exact one shown in my link and use it often to connect a SSD or HDD to my computer.  You can actually boot from the HDD connected to the USB port.

Here are all of the components of your computer on HP PartSurfer.  You can look at the section titled "Drive" for the specifications of the HDD to replace your current HDD.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@elchami , welcome to the Community.

@elchami wrote:

Yes!  You can upgrade the hard drive.  However, I suggest that you consider upgrading to a Solid-State Drive (SSD).  Here is an example of what you will need.  This will increase the system performance considerably.  It will mean that you have to remove the current Hard Drive Disk (HDD).  This can be used as storage or as an emergency drive if you have future problems because it will still have the OS installed.  The upgrade will require you to have a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter.  I have the exact one shown in my link and use it often to connect a SSD or HDD to my computer.  You can actually boot from the HDD connected to the USB port.

Here are all of the components of your computer on HP PartSurfer.  You can look at the section titled "Drive" for the specifications of the HDD to replace your current HDD.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.