3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hardware upgrade

HP T520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I am an IT Administrator and procurement manager of my company. we are using HP Thin Client T520 with windows 7 Enterprise Edition which has to be upgraded to windows 10 before 14th jan 2020. we are in a process to upgrade the RAM and Flash drive in all the thin clients where the imaging has to be done by HP. We have tested OSCOO flash drives along with Dolgix RAM. However HP has recommended APACER RAM and Flash Drives. It has been clearly informed that if we do not use the APACER RAM and Flash drives the warranty on the units would be void. I fail to understand the same and could not find any documentation. Is APACER an official hardware provider to HP thin clients. If so why can i not see any machine with APACER hardwares. Can some give me the assurance that if I use APACER, the units would be covered under HP warranty even if it is a failure with RAM or Flash drive.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation