Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

have cloned a new ssd have checked it shows as online but when install  it only get the hp logo..

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Additional details would help.  Considering the cloning was of a working drive for the PC in question, was the cloning done in the hosting PC?   Does this "it shows as online" mean it shows up in the BIOS, once it attempts to boot?

The symptoms would indicate the boot loader is either corrupt or misleading the boot process.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

im so sorry for the delay

but been unable to get in contact.

with you but thank_ssd2.jpgssd i.jpg you for attempting to help me

HP Recommended

It appears the cloned drive is still in the system.  One thing I do, when cloning the system drive, remove the clone from the hosting PC before allowing the PC to reboot.  I suspect with both of them in the PC, still, that they caused a boot loader problem.  If your intent is to use the SSD as the boot drive, you will need to do the process over.

Please explain the process used and the software.  The SSD brand would be helpful, too.  What is the expectation of having the two drives?  Use the new SS as the boot drive and the existing 1TB as a data disk?

It appears that the new SSD drive is not really a clone.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.