Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 860-077na desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to replace the factory installed 2tb WD green data HDD for a larger capacity as coming to end of life, could you tell me if the 4tb or 6tb WD blue are suitable, (product codes WD40EZRZ for 4tb & WD60EZRZ for 6tb), these size blue have a slightly higher power consumption than the 2tb green, WD green 2tb =1.73w, Average power requirements (W), read/Write 4.1, Idle 3.0, Standby/Sleep 0.4, the blue 4tb is 1.75w, Average power requirements (W), read/Write 4.5, Idle 2.9, Standby/Sleep 0.4, wheras the 6tb is 1.75w Average power requirements (W), read/Write 5.3, Idle 3.4, Standby/Sleep 0.4.

I do have an additional ssd in the expansion slot, so currently 2x ssd & 1 x hdd. Could you please tell me if any of these are ok as an upgrade, and will the system be stable.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dave316 , welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best hard drive upgrade for your system.  They are the experts on their products and will save you time, money and frustration.  I don't like to make recommendations for older computers.  While 4 years doesn't seem like a long time, in computer terms it is older.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.