Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how do I make a windows 10 recovery disk

HP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I make a back-up/recovery disk for Windows 10?  I made one when I bought this machine that had Windows 8.1 on it but I don't recall how I did it.  Help please.  Thanks in advance for the help.

4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
7771 6909 449 841
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @PaulSenior

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are looking for a method to make a recovery disk for your system after upgrading to Windows 10.  I am happy to help with this.

The method you would have used to make recovery media for your original operating system would be to use the factory installed recovery manager. 

As an FYI for the Windows 8 method -

Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎
Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 😎

HP PCs - Creating and Using a System Image to Restore Your Computer (Windows 😎

However those tools are not going to help for making a Windows 10 image. For Windows 10, the intention of Microsoft is to dispense with recovery images, however there are still ways to make one. Here are a few pages I found that cover the options in the operating system, how to make a repair disk, and to make an image.

Recovery options in Windows 10 - windows.microsoft.com

How to Create a USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 - www.tenforums.com

Reset Recovery Image - Create in Windows 10 - www.tenforums.com

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Paul89 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I made the first recovery disc without a problem.  Your instructions said that I could pause at any time, so I did, to go out to dinner.  When I returned,  the recovery process would not begin again.   The partially completed disc 2 isn't recognized.  What do I do?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 3736 201 433
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Paul89,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with making a recovery cd. I will be glad to help you.

Please look at the following links.

Creating and Using a Microsoft Recovery USB Drive (Windows 10)

Microsoft Create a recovery drive

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
misty123mis Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK     how can I make a back up disk for my computer   hp pavilion 570-p054   I did not make one when I set up     thanks   I also have a 128g jump drive    would this enough     please give me step by step       easy   as I am tech challanged   

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation