Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how do i fix my desktop it is displaying the taskbar and desktop screen display to the left of the screen??? i have tried updating, sytem restore, changing screen display resolution,

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

kerchoo wrote: how do i fix my desktop it is displaying the taskbar and desktop screen display to the left of the screen??? i have tried updating, sytem restore, changing screen display resolution,

Hello kerchoo, Are you referring to the Taskbar of the entire desktop screen?

If it is the Taskbar, just left click on the Taskbar, hold down the mouse button, and drag the Taskbar to the bottom of the screen or any other location and release the mouse button.

If you are referring to the entire desktop screen, and you have already tried changing the resolution, you might take a look at the monitor screen adjustments on the monitor itself.

There should a button for a Menu, where you can navigate to move the screen from top to bottom, left to right and so forth.

You may also take a look in the Control Panel, Nvidia Control Panel, and in the Adjust Desktop Size and Position, check the box for Full-Screen. If you have an ATI video card and not an Nvidia, you would look for the ATI Control Panel.

Please let us know if this is not what you are experiencing.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Display screen off center to left is a strange problem.

I had this problem as well a couple of times. I believe it had something to do with connecting an Xbox or other outside source to screen.

The fix is quite simple. Go to your screen settings menu (usually found on/under the monitor itself. It is where you will also see brighteness, contrast, language managment etc.) Look for "factory reset".  Click and apply factory reset and monitor will reposition itself and return to normal. You can then go back and change other settings as well if necessary.

If anyone knows the source of the "bug" or why the screen does this off center movement, please let me know.

HP Recommended

how do i center my screen

HP Recommended

Thank you.  Good advice about the off center problem  The fix worked great.

HP Recommended

I have done a factory reset.  I have tried every kind of software change, but nothing works.  I've searched HP for new drivers, etc., but find nothing.

My display is offset to the left and down.  It is so far down that 1/2 of the taskbar is cut off.

Much thanks to anyone who can help.

P.S. This started under Windows 8.1.  I upgraded to Windows 10, but still the exact same issue.

HP Recommended

Wow, i tried everything to fix this. Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, etc. After hours of frustration, i finally tried Blackhawk100's solution and it worked..... Thank you.

HP Recommended

Unbelievably try this...it worked for me.

Turn off the power...wait 60 seconds.

Remove Battery and leave it out.

Turn on laptop with plug-in only

That work?

HP Recommended

I can see the Factory Reset on the extended screen menu but I cannot access it with my mouse.  How do I do the reset?

HP Recommended

Where do I find the settings to correct an off center screen display?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.