Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
- TG01-0160xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop - TG01-0160xt (7BB47AV_

Gtx 1650 and i5 9400f

i want to know how much i can upgrade this pc 

without replacing psu but if i have to what psu work with this motherboard

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

well just like any PC desktop really  (short answer NO GPU, long below)

more ram

bigger faster SDD or M.2 ,  or more drives or bigger,  or anything you want.

or faster GPU. (no)

rules; GPU simple. (I have huge list if need it)

has to fit your PC< and there are vast cards that do not, even 3 fan cards that do not fit, and noise is a factor ?

must FIT is first, then  power needs..

if you go faster than THE  1650 turing class GPU, you will need a PSU with aux jacks yours does not have.

I dont know what is inside any PC until I LOOK Inside, some are not  like DAY 1 at all> see? (options or upgrades happen)

that GPU card same as mine is 75watts,  and " turing" grade does that magic, fastest you can go on 75watts, 1 slot.

the next step up (read about turing, ok.?)

you must use PSU 12vAUX cables to make them work, even 100 to 350+ watt cards. are made.

this PC has 2 PSU choices,  300 and 400watt. so 400w is best for sure upgrading every say 3 years to better GPU  for sure gamers do that alot.  (do you?)

Id say off hand (me to lazy to do mobo power budgets) unseen by me, all things connected to PC.

but  150watts is my guess as no GPU power needs, for sure lots of HDD. like I have,  have 2 HDD and 3 SDD in mine. and BR-d

and tons of ram and more.

so max on 300 is 150 watt card

so max on 400 is 250w card even RTx2070 (175watt 3D max. clocked)

my gtx1650 runs any game of 50 , are you going 4k ?  I have no need for faster cards,  not me, and I do not use TV to play a game 25ft away, close I am and 1080p is good. close.

needs, if 4k needed buy PC that can do 4k or own with real PCU you do not have.

but i can not see in side any desktop, to really know all things there. (so I read you manual first)

does it have 12vdc  aux cable pair,  6/8 pins adapted? NO.

the PSU shown in your online manual is not industry standard ATX PSU and has no 12vdcAUX GPU cables at all

but some PCs like it (seen vast) have a MOBO jack and cable set (optional or there for free clamped off) 

HP does not document the harness or cable options that I can find.

OK same book MOBO viewed I see no AUX jack on it for GPU,  so NO is the answer, (hard to do that research)

I have Z600 and HP has only 1 Aux cable, 6pin, so all 8pin GPU will not work (lacking fancy adapters some  I made)

I wish HP spec sheet told what GPU aux power cables are provided or option now that would be amazing

and the home pages at HP has no MANUALs choice, just wow on that.(they used to)😍

To cross the 75watt barrier,  you need 2 cables both 12vAUX(aka , as , PCI-E aux)

none here. fail.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.