Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
6000 pro mt
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hi 

i installed a gigabyte gt 1030 in a hp 6000 pro mt but never got it to appear in device manager

th pc starts up the gt 1030 is working (the fan) but video only from the intel gpu

running the latest bios for motherboard (2015)

i know about non uefi bios but i have seen videos with 6000 sff ant gt 1050 working

is there any advice 

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answers . I solved the problem. The final step have video output from the gt 1030 was to go to bios at pci devives and set the internal intel gpu from irq5 to disable. The pc closed and when i opened it again i iad signal from 1030 hdmi. So 1000 series ( at least some) works with older bios.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@manosmc8 , welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you contact the video card manufacturer's Tech Support for help with your problem.  Each manufacturer has their own specifications for the GT 1030.  It is difficult to know if the GT 1050 that you mentioned had a switch that allowed it to work with a standard/Legacy BIOS.  I know this has been done.  The GT 1030, as you stated, should have UEFI in the motherboard, however.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Do you know hot to switch to the gt instead of the em embedded intell ?

Also is there an option for secure boot disable? Or this is option is  for another motherboard ?

Thank you

HP Recommended

@manosmc8,

@manosmc8 wrote:

Do you know hot to switch to the gt instead of the em embedded intell ?

Also is there an option for secure boot disable? Or this is option is  for another motherboard ?

Thank you

The switch is actually on the exterior of the card and mechanical; not software related.  At least, this is what I was lead to believe.  I haven't seen a card with the switch.

Your BIOS will not have Secure Boot.  It is only available with UEFI and Win 8.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answers . I solved the problem. The final step have video output from the gt 1030 was to go to bios at pci devives and set the internal intel gpu from irq5 to disable. The pc closed and when i opened it again i iad signal from 1030 hdmi. So 1000 series ( at least some) works with older bios.

HP Recommended

@manosmc8, thank you for letting us know that you solved your problem.  Please mark your response as the "Solution",  I thought that the Integrated video was automatically disabled when a discrete card was installed or I would have mentioned it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.