Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (549 Views)

hp Omni 27 all in one 27-1054 vid upgrade

Product Name: 27-1054
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Posted in the notebook section as this all in one uses mainly notebook parts.

I am looking for the part number / availability of the option video card upgrade. I will also the proper hp heatsink.

Other than knowing this a MXM type, I have been unable to find part numbers. Wish I had the option at time of purchase, but FRY's did not stock the unit with upgrades.

Thanks

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (495 Views)

Re: hp Omni 27 all in one 27-1054 vid upgrade

Hey there! @Hp-user2000, Thank you for joining the HP Forums!

I understand that you need to upgrade the video card on your PC.

I have checked the specifications using the product number of your PC and found that your PC went with an onboard graphics card.

So, you don't have the option to upgrade the graphics card on your PC.

Please refer to product specifications page for more information: http://hp.care/2fdhntg

However, If there a discrete graphics card on your PC, Please provide the serial number of your PC in a private message.

I will try to get accurate details on your PC.

Hope to hear from your soon!

Cheers! Smiley Happy

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes, I know this unit has built in graphics. All 27-1000 series do, but It was also available optionaly with a add in A type MXM video card. There is a MXM connector on the motherboard just for this purpose, once installed, the add in card will disable the built in graphics just like on any modern PC. Dating myself, but there was a time before plug n play......

Thanks as well for the link, it also notes built in graphics BUT also a MXM type A slot for the optional vid card upgrade Smiley Happy

I can find the MXM type A card, or at least what appears to be the right card (IE same spec as optional hp card) but I cannot find the cooler that goes with it. There is a spot for the cooler as well. This is a passive cooler, IE heat pipes and uses the main cooling fan to cool it. 

So all I need is that cooler number and I can get away from the Intel HD graphics. Not going to be a powerhouse, but would like to play a few games such as older call of duty game(s). Thanks, David 

EDIT - this link shows my type computer, but with the optional add in vid card, and style of cooler needed.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03142765

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (444 Views)

Hey there! @Hp-user2000, thanks for the reply.

As you mentioned it also notes built-in graphics BUT also an MXM type A slot for the optional vid card upgrade this is available only for specific customized PC.

However i have found few heatsink for your PC, you find the details below.

649407-001    Thermal Pad, Intel 1156 BP, 9200 AiO        
656515-001    Intel 1156 standard CPU backplate, Nisene        
656518-001    Thermal Pad Vcore, Nisene        
656519-001    Vaxg Thermal Pad, Nisene        
656520-001    Thermal Pad PCH/SB, Nisene        
664185-001    Thermal Pad SODIMM, Nisene        
669114-001    CPU Thermal Module, Intel 65W, Bodie

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation