Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp elite 8300 tower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello

i have hp elite 8300 tower  i will upgrate the psu to evga 650w
can i upgrat my graphic card to RTX 2070 wthout problame ?
pleas help
thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Is the PSU in the 8300 tower not proprietary? Anyway, let's assume you can upgrade the PSU...

The 2070 should work as long as the card you choose fits the space. The PCIe x16 slot in the motherboard is PCIe 2.0 and the 2070 is 3.1, but since PCIe is forward and backward compatible, that should not pose a problem...although I wonder if the card works at full potential at higher load.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Is the PSU in the 8300 tower not proprietary? Anyway, let's assume you can upgrade the PSU...

The 2070 should work as long as the card you choose fits the space. The PCIe x16 slot in the motherboard is PCIe 2.0 and the 2070 is 3.1, but since PCIe is forward and backward compatible, that should not pose a problem...although I wonder if the card works at full potential at higher load.

HP Recommended

thank u that help alot

HP Recommended

Minor correction: The 2070 is PCIe 3.1. The rest of what I said still applies. 3.1 is still backward compatible to 2.0.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.