cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RamonMor
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

hp pavilion ms210br turn on, if you turn it off, it only turn on after some time

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One MS200 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Everything is working fine, software and hardware, if I need to turn off the computer, it turns off normally.

If I try to turn it on again, it doesn't work anymore, if you look closely on the button on/off, when you press the button you

see a very weak green light, but the computer won't start.

If you unplug from the outlet, wait some time, (variable) some times is 15 minutes, sometimes is 1 hour, then it

turns on again and works fine.

The problem is, you never know when it will work.

I would appreciate any help

Thank You

6 REPLIES 6
TheN00bBuilder
Level 4
106 104 14 21
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This sounds like the power supply to me. Can you take your case apart, unplug all the PSU cables, and try this? 

https://www.wikihow.com/Check-a-Power-Supply

I don't run HP, I just like helping others!

i7-3770 / MSI Z87-G43 / 16GB PNY DDR3 / Aorus RX580 / Ultra X4 750W / Sandisk U110 250GB SSD and 2x WD Velociraptors 300GB / Antec 1100 V2 / NZXT Respire T40 / Corsair SP120 RGB
0 Kudos
RamonMor
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that my computer is a "all in one" model ms200, it doesn't have a traditional desktop computer PSU, its power supply is like a laptop charger.

If you can help me, I thank you in advance

0 Kudos
TheN00bBuilder
Level 4
106 104 14 21
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's even better, do you have a multimeter you can measure the output with? If the supply is fine, then it will be the main board that has died.

i7-3770 / MSI Z87-G43 / 16GB PNY DDR3 / Aorus RX580 / Ultra X4 750W / Sandisk U110 250GB SSD and 2x WD Velociraptors 300GB / Antec 1100 V2 / NZXT Respire T40 / Corsair SP120 RGB
0 Kudos
RamonMor
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This particular model is an "all in one" it has a laptop PSU

The machine is working fine, you turn it on and do some work, then if you for any reason need to turn it off, it won't start again, the button on/off doesn't work any more,  you need to wait  (more than 5 minutes) some time because it doesn't turn it on again, only after some time.

Thanks

0 Kudos
TheN00bBuilder
Level 4
106 104 14 21
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know that. The barrel connector on the power supply delivers voltage, and you can test it with a multimeter.

Being a startup problem, it looks like the motherboard may have some bad capacitors or some other component that went bad on it. I'd RMA it if it were still under warranty. If not, let me know and I can find some parts for it online.

0 Kudos
RamonMor
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, I going to send this to a repair service, your advice made sense, I'll let you know when the thechnician says what is happening with this motherboard and if there is a solution.

Thanks you

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation