Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1254
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A year or so ago the original HD died and i took it to a shop and they replaced it and now i find out they put in a 320gb Western digital thats full now. so i got a seagate 2tb and have instaled it in the case and now i need to know how to set it up? should i move or clone all the info to the new drive or use both at the same time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Now you have two drives, C: and other new letter (for example D:) on your computer. Any new file you save to D:, not C:. After one week or two to settle down, if you wish, you can start to move  old data/files from C: to D:, specially videos, musics or old files.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

No need to clone. You can use both at the same time.

1. You can use your SECOND HDD to store data/files and leave the first HDD for system files (OS, programs).
  2. You can also move your personal files on C: to new HDD for free up C:  and this will help to gain some speed.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

That Sounds good. Now how do i do that?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Now you have two drives, C: and other new letter (for example D:) on your computer. Any new file you save to D:, not C:. After one week or two to settle down, if you wish, you can start to move  old data/files from C: to D:, specially videos, musics or old files.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Is there some way i can set this up to use both hard drives together as 1? I have moved what i can to the second drive but with the op system and most programs still on it it has filled up agin and i dont know what to do now

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.