Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I want to open the cover of this all-in-one computer but I can see only 2 screws on the back bottom. There must be more screws but i cant figure it out. There is already a post on the forum but the link there is dead (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04275858). All other "similar" models have screws on other locations that is not on this one.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Never mind. It is only those 2 screws. You need to unclip on the bottom only. After that the bottom will lift and kind of rotate around the top and eventually can be taken off. there is no wires in between and the stand will stay attached to the back cover.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nato1 

I recently worked on a similar model and under the mount, where the stand connects to the monitor, there were additional screws holding the back in place.  I believe there were four of them, but it's been a while and I could be mistaken regarding the number.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Never mind. It is only those 2 screws. You need to unclip on the bottom only. After that the bottom will lift and kind of rotate around the top and eventually can be taken off. there is no wires in between and the stand will stay attached to the back cover.

HP Recommended

Your computer's specifications: HP Pavilion 23-g010 All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

What do you want to upgrade? 

It is a "SOC" (system on a chip) -- you cannot replace/upgrade the 1.3 Ghz 4-core processor.

You can change the RAM.

You can change the disk-drive.

You might be able to change the DVD reader.

You might be able to change the WiFi adapter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.