Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp g5460
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP G5460 desktop that had a Nvidia Quadro 3800 graphic card installed, this has now died and now have replacement Nvida quadro 4000. Running 2 monitors via 2 dp port on card. Installed new card but no display from either diplay port or dvi. Followed various disussions and removed all the Nvida driver and downloaded the new required ones for the card, however can't install them as no disply working, removed graphics card and plugged in vga monitor to onboard cards worked until i tried to install Nvida drivers, drivers wouldn't install as no Nvida card. Put card back in and on board graphics don't work. Taken back out and on board not working anymore. Any suggestions how to resolve as seem to be going round in cirlces.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@msb03

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?
  • Have you tried BIOS default settings? 

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

1. Connect all cables and turn on the PC.

2. If your PC was using on-board video (no video card), then disable on-board video in the BIOS to prevent possible setup problems:

1. Press the F1 key repeatedly when the first screen appears.

A BIOS setup screen displays (BIOS setup screens vary depending on model of PC).

2. Use the directions on the BIOS screen to find and disable on-board video. The on-board video setting is usually on the Advanced page.

NOTE: In some cases, the BIOS does not have the option to disable the onboard video. In this case, select AGP or PCI as the primary output. The BIOS and the operating system should then detect the new video card instead of the onboard video. Bios setup utlity image might looks different. 
    3. Press F10 to save the settings and exit.

Figure : One example of a BIOS Setup Screen

3. Use the software installation instructions that came with the video card to install the new software. Normally, when Windows finds the new hardware, a message is displayed prompting to insert the installation CD.

If the video card is a replacement card and is the same model as the one that was removed, Windows should find and install the software automatically. If needed, you may also install the Video driver using the HP Application Recovery software that comes with your PC.

NOTE: Original and updated drivers may also exist on the HP Website. Go to Software and Driver Downloads site and enter your PC model number to find software and driver downloads.
  4. When Windows opens, it should find new hardware. The screen resolution will be low and will probably appear larger than usual. This is normal.

5. If a window appears stating that it needs help finding particular files, place the driver disc from the video card manufacturer into a disc drive. If this does not help, browse to the following pathnames, one at a time, until the file is found:

• C:\Windows\inf

• C:\Windows\options\cabs

• C:\Windows\system

• C:\Windows\system32

NOTE: If files under these pathnames do not appear, double-click the C:\ hard drive icon from My Computer. Click Tools, Folder Options, and click the View tab. Remove the check marks from Hide protected operating system files, and select Show hidden files and folders. Click OK.
  6. Restart the PC when instructed by Windows.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.