Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP slim desktop S01-aF0134z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just set up my new desktop and was typing my password that I couldn't see and it wasn't working.  When I tried to type in a document, I found out that some of the keys were typing the letter plus another letter at the same time.  I ran the keyboard test from HP and it failed in many places.  I put in a help desk ticket since I can't talk to anyone but in the meantime, it would be nice to know if there's a fix for this issue besides replacement.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

it would be nice to know if there's a fix for this issue besides replacement

Given that the cost of trying to "repair" a keyboard ($50 to $80 per hour) is much more than buying a replacement keyboard, you might have trouble finding a technician that has the training to try to repair a keyboard.

All the technicians that I know who have the training to repair printers have retired -- printer-repair is becoming a "lost art". Welcome to the "disposable society".

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I kind of agree but HP should replace it unless they have a solution for the issue.  I'm waiting to hear back from Support so hopefully they will respond soon since the keyboard was defective and came as part of my system.

HP Recommended

@vgmiller100

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still no one has contacted me from HP about replacing my keyboard.  I've waiting on the phone twice for a minimum 30 minutes each time and no one get on the phone.  How do I get a replacement keyboard when no one contacts me on the case I created and I can't get anyone on the phone?  It's not right.  This has been going on for over a month.  It's very poor customer service.  I didn't ask for a defective keyboard but that's what I got and I didn't pay for a defective keyboard but that's what I got.  I guess you think that people will keep buying your products regardless.  HP didn't used to be like this. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.