Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP all in one 13Z07AA #ABL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i just purchased a HP All in One pc with integrated keyboard and mouse adapter. When i booted for the first time I saw a message 'keyboard error' so I figured I had to update drivers. After updating all the drivers and windows the computer still won't connect the wireless keyboard and mice that came with the PC. Also I am currently writing using my tv miniature keyboard plugged in a USB Port that will not detect any other device, for example, my western digital external hard drive. 

The HP support assistant shows everything is up to date

The Windows updates are up to date 

This is pretty frustrating cause I'm usually good working on computers.

The computer also crashed twice while doing updates 'blue screens'

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I went in the device manager and click to update the USBs, keyboard and mice 

all up to date

HP Recommended

Support told me the dongle was missing from the box.

It was not even an open box.

I was also confused because my external hard drive (Western Digital Passport) is supposedly not compatible with the computer and it was not detected when plugged in. 

HP is sending me a new keyboard and mouse but a different model.

HP Recommended

About the passport HD

In order to detect the disk. someone must use a USB 2.0 cable and not the USB 3.0 one.

That is a brand new computer using USB 2.0 

HP Recommended

We are glad that you managed to solve the problem;)

Thank you for describing the procedure performed. Thus, you will be helping other users who have the same
question.

Matheus.H

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Support Community Moderator
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.