Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi

I am now confused.

Just helped someone trying to upgrade a CPU heatsink on this HP product but they could not match the MB mount points with an AM4 cooling solution.

Saw the two versions (Intel-AMD) of the MB.

The OP stated their Basswood MB matched the Intel version.

Did I provide incorrect information?

Please correct my response if I have misinterpreted HP's specs or the specs are incorrect.

Thanks

Tom

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz

The HP 580-137c has the AMD Basswood motherboard according to the HP documentation.  The HP 580-137c is way too new to have the older Intel Basswood motherboard. Review the technology used on the older Basswood motherboard.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Tried a Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive - CT525MX300SSD4.  This drive was not recognized by the PC.  Although there is nothing in the documentation, I'm thinking that SATA M.2 drives do not work on this motherboard.

HP Recommended

Use Diskpart to see if it is seen as present.  

The SSD that you are trying is not an NVMe SSD. That may be why it is not seen as being present.

Did you read the discussion in the previous posts before buying a non-NVMe SSD?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I saw the information only after I had bought the drive and tried to use it.  HP should make that clear in their documentation. Really appreciate the help.

HP Recommended

@Big_Dave wrote:

@voyager128

Update the BIOS to F.05 (SSID 8399) then check to see there are two m.2 slots.  In the BIOS look under Security -->Slot Security.

Big_Dave,

I downloaded BIOS ver F.05 and got the file SP82075.exe.  Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I update the BIOS, do I simply run the exe file?

HP Recommended

@voyager128

Update the diagnostics from the same support server and run a set to make sure that the PC is stable being doing the BIOS update. This will also make sure that you have the latest firmware management software installed.

You might try running the HP Support Assistant and see if it discovers a BIOS update. If not, then right mouse click on the downloaded BIOS update exe and select run as administrator.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I did the Bios update and nothing changed. The 2nd M.2 slot did not appear.

HP Recommended

@glennga

Did you look in Device Manager and see if the SSD was recognized?

Did you install the correct m.2 SSD?

Did you run diagnostics with the correct SSD installed?

HP Recommended

Have not returned the Sata one yet to replace it with the m.2 NVMe SSD.  Would like to see someone that has used a m.2 NVMe SSD in their 580-137c and confirmed that it does work. Also would like to know if it does show up in the Bios when they use a m.2 NVMe SSD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.