Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Im confused does this computer HP 580-137c accept a regular M.2 SSD .. I am not talking about a NVMe m.2 but a regular M.2 SSD.. I tried a regular M.2 SSD and the bios did not see it.. But the problem is I bought the M.2 SSD used so I dont know If I just have a bad one or the M.2 slot on this MB doesnt support regular M.2 SSD only NVMe M.2... Anyone

HP Recommended

NVMe m.2 is the only one that works in that slot.

HP Recommended

WOW.. Thanks... Here I am sending emails to the seller of the regular m.2 ssd telling him he sent me a defective m.2.. I figured that would be a backwards compatible m.2 slot but whta do I know.. I guess there is some reason its not..

HP Recommended

I dont know I did a little more reading up and found several posts that say this port should be backwards compatible not to say this motherboard is or is not.. Are you 100% sure I really think I have a bad card or maybe I have to make some adjustments in the bios so that a standard m.2 SSD card is seen by the bios.. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.2

HP Recommended

Well your 100% correct Glen or I must say for right now... I purchased an m.2 to sata SSD adapter and the motherboard does see the chip .. so definaltely I didnt get a bad chip.. BUT THERES THE BUT... I purchased this computer refurbished so there is a chance I have a bad NVMe slot you never know so I went ahead an ordered since they had on special on Newegg.com a WD 256GB NVme drive for $90 bucks even though I didnt want to spend that because I picked up the reg 256GB m.2 card for only $45 used.. But any way I will come back and post whether I have a bad Mobo or not later .. thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.