Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-In-One - 27-A275na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently asked for help about my Pavilion27-A275na  AIO desktop. The issue was upgrading the SSD boot drive. Device manager reported it to be a SanDisk SD8SMAT-128G-1006. this is a sata m.2 drive of the 2242 form factor. on looking for a replacement I found not too many manufactures make this form factor. I opted for a Transcendence 512GB sata III M.2 430S SSD, I cloned the drive over using their Scope software, but when I put it in the m/c it says its not connected or not readable. I assume there must be a compatibility problem. I checked the drive with AOMEI partition software and it all looks as if its cloned ok. Does anyone Know if the drive I chose is compatible. Can anyone suggest any solutions for this. Regards Rolandy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI@Rolandy ,

Welcome to HP Community!

I have gone through your post and would like to help

As per the Service Guide, the Notebook supports up to 128MB M.2 is maximum and a normal hard drive 1 TB 7200RPM.

Please find the product specification  link 

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rolandy

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to reach out to our HP Smart Friend Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Smart Friend Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well further to my motherboard boot ssd card upgrade. I have been successful in upgrading using a Transcendence 240GB m.2 sata iii 2242 card to replace the SanDisk 128 GB original. I tried a 512 GB but my motherboard did not recognise it but thats now a external fun tank stuck on the back of the computer, so all is good. Happy days. Regards Rolandy.

HP Recommended

HI@Rolandy ,

Welcome to HP Community!

I have gone through your post and would like to help

As per the Service Guide, the Notebook supports up to 128MB M.2 is maximum and a normal hard drive 1 TB 7200RPM.

Please find the product specification  link 

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.