Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Desktop HP Pavilion 510-p012la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello my pc is the following [https://support.hp.com/co-es/document/c05180543] I want to update my pc the first thing I want to do is buy a micro atx motherboard that allows me to place a 1650 super graphic because the current axt power cable is very close to the pci-e x16 slot but I have a problem my cabinet does not have the back cover of the atx motherboard it brings those solid ports and does not make any board compatible with my cabinet help please I need another motherboard but my chassis does not allow me, is it possible to find a good board that will fit my cabinet? thank you

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@navarhd , welcome to the forum.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will tell you what to consider when changing your motherboard:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Knowledge-Base/Moving-HP-Motherboard-to-a-new-gaming-case/ta-p/...

I know it discusses moving the motherboard to a new case, but you have the same concerns with upgrading your motherboard in a HP case.  Your best option would be to choose a case manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help.  They are the experts on their products and should be able to tell you if they have a motherboard that will work in your HP case.  This will save you time, money and frustration.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@navarhd 

You said "is it possible to find a good board that will fit my cabinet".

@old_geekster 

That would be an impossible task. While the "Willow" board is very close fit, it does not have the same components. That is why after research, I gave up on it.  Why are we looking up boards and cross checking components.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.