Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Elite HPE-035sc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi i have an

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-035sc Desktop PC  i7 870 2.9 ghz 8gb ram

Serial Number:   [Personal Information Removed]
Product Number:   VS311AA

bios: american megatrends inc. 5.13 , 03/03/2010

bios mode :legacy 

oem psu 460w

i would like to know if the motherboard can support the gpu or not

please answer asap 

thank you so much ❤️

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

The GTX 750ti requires BIOS version 8.xx.

This card will not initialize due to lack of UEFI support in BIOS.

Check out Nvidia 600 series graphics cards as they will run on a Legacy BIOS PC. The 600 series cards may run on a PCIex16 Gen1 slot. I have not checked this out.

I have seen information stating some AMD manufacturers ship newer AMD cards with the ability to toggle between Legacy and UEFI BIOS. 

Check this out at Sapphire Tech.

So these four cards will work when paired with an adequate Power Supply on a Legacy BIOS PC sporting a PCIE x16 Gen2 slot.

Your PC may only have a PCIex16 Gen1 slot. The cards are not compatible in this case.

You'll have to check prospective: graphics card and power supply upgrade dimensions to verify both will fit in your tower.  You also have to find a graphics card that will run on a PCIex16 Gen1 slot.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @wade01,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I read your post about Graphics Card upgrade, and wanted to assist you!

Here are the Product Specifications for the GeForce GTX 750 Ti:

Bus Support - PCI Express 3.0

Minimum System Power Requirement (W) - 300 W

Here are the Product Specifications for the Motherboard:

• One PCI Express x16

• Three PCI Express x1

• One PCI Express x1 minicard socket

Power Supply - 460 W

It seems like the Motherboard should be able to support the Graphic Card.  However, you may not see the full performance you expect, because of the PCI slots.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Greetings,

The GTX 750ti requires BIOS version 8.xx.

This card will not initialize due to lack of UEFI support in BIOS.

Check out Nvidia 600 series graphics cards as they will run on a Legacy BIOS PC. The 600 series cards may run on a PCIex16 Gen1 slot. I have not checked this out.

I have seen information stating some AMD manufacturers ship newer AMD cards with the ability to toggle between Legacy and UEFI BIOS. 

Check this out at Sapphire Tech.

So these four cards will work when paired with an adequate Power Supply on a Legacy BIOS PC sporting a PCIE x16 Gen2 slot.

Your PC may only have a PCIex16 Gen1 slot. The cards are not compatible in this case.

You'll have to check prospective: graphics card and power supply upgrade dimensions to verify both will fit in your tower.  You also have to find a graphics card that will run on a PCIex16 Gen1 slot.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

hi 

i found this one 

Gigabyte VGA GV-R724OC-2GI R2.0 2GB DDR5

does this one works? tnx

HP Recommended

Hi,

The graphics card supports PCIe 3.0 bus.

I don't believe it will work.

You need to look at a graphics card that will run on a PCIe Gen 1.0 bus.

You won't be able to run the latest and greatest graphics cards unless you can find one that is backwards compatible to the limitations of your motherboard.

Jay

HP Recommended

ok thank you for the help 

i really appreciate it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.